- graduate top of my class
- become a surgeon
- make lots of money
- buy my mom a mansion
- be married by 25 to a wealthy entrepreneur
- have 2 kids by 30 and a 3rd one by 32
I have only accomplished ONE of the items listed above. And at this point it would definitely be impossible to accomplish 2 more items on that list. Basically my plan has gone to the crapper.
Plan B now looks something like this:
- build and strengthen the giftings God has given me
- find a new career and start over at 30, one that glorifies God regardless of my paycheck
- be married by 30, okay maybe 31 is more realistic lol
- marry someone strong, capable, and gentle (businessman not required, tattoos appreciated)
- have 3 kids before 35, raise them in a godly way
- see God transform my parents lives (with or without a mansion)
My new plan is not so glamorous…but somehow it is more beautiful. I feel like Plan A is like that first date you have where you are blown away by the fancy restaurant and the sports car and the expensive wine. But Plan B is that solid, dependable, stable guy that will hold you when you are crying, and be there with you as you push children out of your womb and into the world, and will grow old with you and love every wrinkle and every frown line. And that’s the guy I want to be with. That’s the plan I want my life to follow.
Truth Thursdays exists to connect people through writing. To initiate something honest, thoughtful, and meaningful. Truth Thursdays is an open discussion of expressions. There are no right or wrong responses, Truth Thursdays are just what they are.